The objective of the assignment was to conduct capacity building programme on Integration of Renewables energy into the Grid for the States of Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttaranchal and the Union Territory of Chandigarh. Detailed workshops along-with site visits for Senior and Middle management (in 3 batches) of NRPC were conducted in Germany, Spain and India.
The following topics were covered under the Capacity Building Program:
- Trends and Innovations in Green Power.
- Technical Solutions for integrating large scale RE capacity in Spain
- Ancillary Services to integrate renewable
- Challenges posed by RES for the grid and technological solutions
- Policy Framework for Renewables in India and Renewable rich countries
- Regulatory Provisions for Renewable Energy in India and Renewable rich countries
- RE Management best practices in RE rich countries.
- Assessment of balancing capacity and RE purchase
- Forecasting tools for wind and solar generation (plant wise and area wise).
- Technical solutions for integrating large scale RE capacity- such as Low-Voltage -Ride-Through capability, active power control, dynamic Reactive power support including visit to RE facility where these technical solutions have been implemented.
- Experience of RE rich countries in Operational Planning to cope up with the variation in wind and solar generation.