The scope of work was divided across following activities:
- Overview of the India’s Energy imperatives covering aspects of resource availability, access to power, prevailing cost of power, scalability, environmental aspects etc.
- Demand and Supply outlook for the country- Demand-supply forecasts
- Importance of gas for power sector development and energy security
- Study of different modes of gas based power (CCGT, OCGT, Gas Engines) and suggesting and optimal generation strategy
- Analysis of Pricing of power for Gas
- Recommendation on ways to incentivize gas production in the country
- Recommendations on importance of reasonability of gas pricing for power