|Manager – Policy & Regulatory
|Director - Management Consulting
|About the Role: ‘Manager – Policy & Regulatory’
|We seek an experienced professional with at least 5 years of relevant (Power Generation/ Strategic Advisory/ BD/ lead generation) experience in the Power industry (esp. in Power Generation/ Coal Management). He/She shall utilize his/her expertise in taking lead in assignment execution, client relationship management, team mentoring and business development activities in the Policy & Regulatory segment under the Management Consulting vertical.
The ‘Manager – Policy & Regulatory’ is a mid-level position in the Company, and shall be a part of the dynamic, high performing team within our ‘Management Consulting’ division. As a key member of ‘Policy & Regulatory”, and reporting to the Director - Management Consulting, the key (broadly indicative) expectations from the Manager- Policy & Regulatory shall be as under:
- Support in managing and scaling up the Policy & Regulatory business in the Region.
- Mentoring the locational team by building cohesive environment and providing on-job training to the team members to achieve timelines deliverables quality.
- Generate new business leads and opportunities by building client relationships, identify business opportunities from new and existing clients, write and cost project proposals, make verbal and written client presentations and conduct appropriate follow-up to secure the business.
- Plan, manage and carry out assignments, making optimum use of company resources to achieve high levels of client satisfaction. This will be achieved by producing assignment/project plans, working with the management team to identify appropriate resources to meet client needs and delivery, ensuring action is taken to ensure agreed quality standards and timescales are met.
|Required skill set
- Should be able to do multi-tasking on assignments, BD responsibilities and be able to deliver in typical consulting environment.
- Should possess strong set of techno-commercial competencies, thought leadership and people leadership, client focus and relationship.
- Should have expertise in financial/tariff modelling of Power Utilities (especially power generation & coal supply/management business).
- Should have experience in working on policy, regulations, tariff matters, regulatory due-diligence, PPA approvals, change in-law, parallel licensing, etc. for private power developers/companies would be preferable.
- Should be able to guide team / manage/ update crucial data base related Energy policies, regulatory framework, PPA & FSA status, Coal position around the country, demand/supply position of power & coal, recent coal bidding status, coal management etc
- Should be flexible to work in additional areas such as bid advisory, financial appraisal, performance monitoring, etc.
- Should have assisted multiple power sector clients such as Private/ State/ Central Generators/ Electricity Regulatory Commissions, Government & Private Power Utilities, electricity consumer associations.
- Should be updated about the latest trends/changes in the power sector regulatory scenario including the new policy notifications, Electricity Act Amendments, new Regulations, key judgements of higher
|Education and Experience
- BE/ B. Tech (preference to Electrical/Mechanical) and/ or MBA (Finance/ Power/Energy). CA/ CMA are also encouraged to apply
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Base location shall be Ahmedabad, Gujarat. However, the role would require the applicant to undertake travel for pursuing various opportunities.
- We offer a motivation based and competitive reward package.
|Apply Now >