- Execute assignments in Regulatory /Policy /Tariff /Commercial related matters pertaining to Generation, Transmission and Distribution Utilities
- Experience of working with SERC would be added advantage.
- Expectations of leading team and handling client independently on various Techno-Commercial and Regulatory matters related to the Generation, Transmission and Distribution Utilities.
The ‘Manager – Policy & Regulatory’ is a mid-level position in the Company, and shall be a part of the dynamic, high performing team within our ‘Management Consulting’ division. As a key member of ‘Policy & Regulatory”, and reporting to the Partner / Project Manager, the key (broadly indicative) expectations from the Manager- Policy & Regulatory shall be as under:
- The candidate will be required to provide assistance in formulation of regulations and/or amendment of regulations as and when required by the Commission.
- The candidate will be required to assist the Commission in approval of Tariff Orders for Generation, Transmission and Distribution Utilities.
- The candidate will be required to assist the Commission in approval of Power Purchase Agreements.
- Candidate must have sound understanding, adequate technical knowledge and practical experience of the engineering and economics of generation, transmission and distribution of electricity and financial analysis and accounting.
- Candidate must have a clear understanding of the Indian legal and regulatory framework in power sector and developments over the last decade including the applicable policies, legal and regulatory framework and reforms at Central and State levels.
- The candidate must have experience in assessing and evaluating the Business Plan and have issued the order on Business Plan petitions filed for different distribution licensees and transmission and generation companies.
- The candidate will be required to examine, analyze, and review of the ARR and Tariff petition including Annual Performance Review and determination of Tariff for Retail Sale of Electricity, Transmission of Electricity, Generation and Supply of Electricity, Generation of Electricity by Non-Conventional Energy Sources.